Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Break Reading

I have been reading mostly Tamora Pierce and Hoot by Carl Hiaasen (audio book in the car). Hoot is good - I've read it before, but it's a different experience out loud. It seems more real, but it goes so slow. I could have finished it already, but reading in the car gives me major headaches.
I haven't decided which poem to memorize yet.
Tamora Pierce marathon is going extremely well - I have 6 and three quarters books to go, out of 27. I'm currently reading Bloodhound, which is about, essentially, a police force around 1200 AD trying to find a set of counterfeiters. Not my favorite Beka Cooper book, but there are some amazing scenes...
The poem a days I've been reading haven't been sticking out in my mind. There was an interesting one to do with a grasshopper.

2 comments:

  1. YES! I will wear a skirt! Or a dress, which actually might work better since I have more that actually fit me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hoot! My favorite book as an elementary student. As far as audio books go, I agree that they are painfully slow. I have a couple of the Harry Potter ones and I try to read along but I always get to far ahead.

    p.s. I won't forget my skirt/ dress this week!

    ReplyDelete