Sunday, April 24, 2011

This Week's Poetry - and other things...

No, Clara, if I get a candy reward in English I'm not sharing it with the class. I doubt each of us would get more than a mouthful.
Poetry I liked from poem a day: Anne Waldman's Matriot Acts Act I (it intrigued me enough to read three times); Donald Hall's The Things (I enjoyed how the author drew attention to little things that I've thought of as clutter, but they hold meaning to him); Evie Shockley's excerpt from the Farewell Letters; and Carl Phillip's Civilization (I liked the last stanza best).
I've been rereading Romeo and Juliet in English, so Shakespeare's blank verse wakes me up during first hour.
Also, I'm two books away from finishing my Tamora Pierce marathon, and I'm rereading Quidditch through the Ages.

1 comment:

  1. I love Quidditch Through the Ages! And I've also heard that The Things by Donald Hall is really good, I'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete