Sunday, November 28, 2010

Done with the Catcher

I finished the Catcher in the Rye yesterday, and it was an interesting ending. I was suspecting that it would end with Holden either being admitted to an insane asylum or leaving to find work elsewhere. Instead, it leaves with him back at home. I liked it, but it surprised me (which in this case, is a good thing). I told my cousins a little bit about, and they thought it sounded weird but interesting.
I also think that Holden isn't as 'bad', or troublesome, as he tries to make us think. He may just want the attention. I do really like his sister Phoebe, and how nice Holden is to her.
A note about my physical book of Catcher: I read some at 10 thousand feet in the air on a plane, and some in Carbondale, IL. My book is now a traveler! And I finished NaNoWriMo.

1 comment: