Sunday, December 5, 2010

This Crazy Week

I have a complaint - only one person beside myself answered my poll. Sheesh, people! It's to the right of this in the window. It says POLL!
What I've been reading:
Mariel of Redwall by Brian Jacques. So far, I like it. Not to the point of obsessiveness (like with Harry Potter), but I like it. It's the fourth in the Redwall series, which is a series revolving around an abbey full of mice. Not just mice, either, but rats, badgers, wild cats, otters, voles, moles, and other woodland creatures. It's kind of like a cross between Watership Down and Warrior Cats, except with mice and rats. It's fantasy, but there isn't much magic. Also, each of the creatures has their own culture. Like the moles, who always speak broadly: "Zurr, oi loik it." By the way, that isn't a quote.
The Siren Song by Anne Ursu: another book series wondering if the Greek myths are real. Very different from the Percy Jackson series, but still funny. It's written in second person, so that's a bit of a shock. It takes a while to get into, but it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Someone else has actually read Mariel of Redwall! I love a good Redwall book, as I have mentioned before. My favorite characters are usually moles or the Dibbuns. So my very favorites are: Dibbun moles. That's interesting The Siren Song is in second person, the only books I've ever seen like that are CYOAs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Redwall books, too! I have a weakness for books where animals are the main characters. . .

    ReplyDelete