Sunday, January 16, 2011

Done with The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail

I enjoyed Act Two. I liked Act One better, but the end of Act Two was awesome.
****Spoiler Warning****
I especially liked how Thoreau refused to leave jail because he didn't want his taxes paid. I don't much about taxes, except that they fund the government, but I can see why Thoreau didn't want to fund the government. I also bookmarked seven pages that mention huckleberries. I think huckleberries are interesting. Huckleberries are edible and look like blueberries. They are the state fruit of Idaho, all of which was found out thanks to Wikipedia. However, I think they aren't intended to represent blueberries in the play.
Has anyone ever had a huckleberry?

4 comments:

  1. I thought that Edward had mentioned something about strawberries when he was huckleberrying with Henry so I imagined them like that.

    P.S I was trying to vote on your poll but it wouldn't let me sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idaho, ya don't say? Well that is mighty interesting! I've never had a huckleberry but I've heard they're pretty good but it was my cousin who told me and she can be a little shifty at times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, huckleberries... yeah, the Nez Perce used to eat them, they were a diet staple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also liked act one much better. I've never tried a huckleberry...I think I will have to go grocery shopping with my mother :)

    ReplyDelete