Sunday, January 30, 2011

Random R and J Thought

Guacamole and Romeo and Juliet go really well together. Somehow, eating guacamole makes it seem more fun. Maybe teachers should make use of this in schools...
Another random thought: in Twilight, Bella's favorite play is Romeo and Juliet. Maybe this explains the demise of Twilight (not that I'm complaining).
I had to share my random thoughts. My mother would think I was weird, and my stepdad would give me a lecture on A) properly appreciating Shakespeare, B) some story about him being in a production of R&J, or C) not to get my food on his copy of Shakespeare's complete works, even though I'm not currently using it.

4 comments:

  1. I <3 Guacamole! Bellas favorite play is Wuthering Heights, or at least I'm nearly positive it is. Either way I can definitely see a connection between Romeo and Juliet and Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had guacamole, but it sounds a lot like my friend Lorraine's Spanish name (Guadalupe). I agree with Kep, I think it is Wuthering Heights, but I always appreciate a good Twilight connection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I connected it to Twilight too... I bet Meyer based the werewolves off Romeo's friends. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys do realize that Wuthering Heights is a book? It's very disturbing for a classic, as well.
    Either way, observe New Moon chapter two (I think).
    Steph - you need to try guacamole! Do you like avocadoes?

    ReplyDelete