Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creepy Short Stories

I read To Build A Fire by Jack London yesterday, and it was odd. I enjoyed the writing and the descriptions, but it was definitely not something I would pick for myself. My favorite character was the dog. I liked the dog's instincts. It was kind of creepy, though. It had a lot to do with death, and the main character's death, and that was part of what made it creepy. I liked the Tell Tale Heart better.

I also enjoyed writing my story with an unreliable narrator. It was so much fun - the one downside being that it was starting to give me goosebumps. I enjoy writing stories with unreliable narrators.

3 comments:

  1. I agree I like the topic of the unreliable narrator story. But just like the hero story mine is starting to head in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good (your story, that is)! I guess I liked A Tell Tale Heart better, too. Anyway, I had a lot of fun writing my paper, but it's definitely still a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara, how did you read my short story? I agree with you, Maddy.

    ReplyDelete