Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Hunger Games and Dragonfly

I read two books that I remember this week: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Dragonfly by Julia Golding. I loved both of them.
Dragonfly was a lot about politics, but it takes place in a fantasy land that seems to be just after the dark ages, so that makes it awesome. Politics are always better when they're fantasy, at least to me. Basically, these two people (Tashi and Ram) are from countries that are almost exact opposites. They get engaged for political reasons, to form a treaty for a better chance at winning a war. But then they get captured. At the time, they're totally not in love and hate each other. Then suddenly they're on the same side. Check it out!
I also read The Hunger Games. I'm now on the second book, about the middle, and am loving it. I can't believe some of the things that happened. Plus, I convinced my dad to read it. I am on the edge of my seat (well, not really) to see how the second turns out.
One complaint: people put spoilers on their blogs. Why? Oh my word, why do you do this? Spoilers, for those of you who don't know, are major plot points that are given away when someone is either waiting/wanting to read the book, or is in the middle of said book. Or series. Put a spoiler warning, please. If someone spoils a book for me, I refuse to comment on their blog. (Like what happened when a bunch of people blogged about Mockinjay.) If I spoil something, please tell me.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like you spoiled anything at all! When you're done you have to tell us what you think of the Hunger Games!! (What does your dad think of it?)

    I'm sorry if I spoiled anything, I don't try to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara, you're fine. Your blog posts are great, and plenty long. I was intending that post toward people who don't always watch what they say.
    My dad hasn't started reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete