Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Break Reading

It's unfortunate to say I haven't finished Man in the Moon Marigolds yet - I'm saving it for the twelve hour car ride to Memphis (and of course the twelve hours back). However, I did finish The Immortal Fire by Anne Ursu, the last in the Cronus Chronicles. It was very, very good. However, there's such a twist in the end that I can't tell much about it without revealing anything. I can say that it has to do with the Promethean Flame, the future of humanity, and can be interpreted two different ways (kind of like the Life of Pi).
I am reading At Home in Mitford (by Jan Karon) currently, and I still haven't finished Mariel of Redwall. At Home in Mitford is the first of a series about an Episcopalian priest named Father Tim. My mom and I were talking about it on Sunday (she's loaning me the book). Father Tim is a bachelor who lives in the church rectory, and manages to get himself in the middle of everything in the small town of Mitford.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, sadly, I haven't read any of the books you mentioned (besides Man in the Moon Marigolds of course)but I am so happy to see that somebody posted on their blog! So thank you, Ivy; you made my blog ventures sucessful! :D

    ReplyDelete