Sunday, December 12, 2010

Plays for Reading and Seeing

As of Act One, I'm enjoying the Marigolds play, even though it has one of the longest acronyms known to PATH students. TEOGROMITMM - The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man - In - the Moon Marigold. If you know longer acronyms, comment. I like Tillie best so far, but I also like Nanny. I really dislike Beatrice - I don't think she acts like a mother at all, and she whines too much. Ruth is a little confusing - is she crazy, or not? This is one of the first times I remember reading a play straight through, but I think I'll enjoy it. Can't say yet, though.
A play to see: A Christmas Carol, 24th year. It's in downtown Saugatuck, at the Saugatuck Woman's Club on the corner of Hoffman and Butler streets. This Sunday and next Sunday at 7 PM, next Friday at 8 PM, and next Saturday at 2PM and 8PM. I am not in it, but I know almost everyone in it thanks to my stepdad, who has played Scrooge every year. Really really awesome - $10 night tickets, $7 matinees. I'll be there tonight (second time this year) and next Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know any really long acronyms, but I guess you could find something really long to say and make it into an acronym. I like Nanny, too. I just feel bad for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to that production many times: your step-dad is The Best Scrooge Ever!

    ReplyDelete