Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Books

My parents have gone hog wild getting me books this Christmas.
The highlights of my books are:
Tris's Book by Tamora Pierce
The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
The Magician by Michael Scott
The Mediator, Book One, Shadowland (I think) by Meg Cabot
Climbing the Stairs by someone with a long last name I don't remember
Piratica by someone else I don't remember

The Will of the Empress was my book of choice for most of the first car trip I took this week - the ten and half hour drive to Memphis. I also read the Magician then. On the way back (which took eleven and a half hours), I read The Lost Hero, Man in the Moon Marigolds, and finished At Home in Mitford. Both times, I got a massive headache from reading in the car, but it was worth it.

3 comments:

  1. That's so weird! I picked up The Magician in the library while wandering through, but in the end I decided not to take it. Now I have to go back and get the first one so I can read it! (It's the second book in the series, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could read while riding -- it makes me carsick (not good for the book). What did you think of At Home in Mitford?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Clara - the first in the Nicholas Flamel series is The Alchemyst. Really, really good.
    I enjoyed At Home in Mitford. It reminded me of my church. My mom tried reading parts of the next Father Tim book (A Light in something) aloud in the car, but I wasn't able to pay attention. Reading gives me a headache, and sometimes a stomachache, but I read in the car anyway. What else is there to do?

    ReplyDelete